Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hope for Guatemala

I wanted to tell you a little about where we are going while in Guatemala City.  The orphanage is called Hope for Guatemala.  They feed over 220 kids a day.  We are not certain, but think they may help the families of these kids have education and enough to eat.  When we think of orphanages, we think no parents.  But in third world countries, parents would rather drop their kids off at an orphanage than see them starve to death.  Kids go to live there til the parents can get back on their feet, or  maybe the kids go during the day for a couple of meals and school and then go home at night.  Some stay for the week and go home on the weekends.  Hope for Guatemala also helps the families of the kids have food and electricity and clean water.  They do what they can to make sure these kids lives are rich and full.

The image above is the t shirt design for our trip.  I was privileged to get to design several and the team chose this one.  We went with the color because light blue and white are the Guatemalan flag color.  I love the way it turned out.  The back side will have our Journey church logo.

I want to say a big thank you to Dana and Candie Clark who donated to my trip yesterday.  Every bit helps to make the goal and I pray blessings on you both.  I also sold my last baby goat, Aphrodite.  I didn't get my asking price, but will be putting what I got towards the trip too.  Tomorrow I will be selling 8 chickens.  This is becoming quite comical how all my funding is coming together.  Maybe I can post some of Steve's kettlebells on Craigslist, opps I hope he doesn't see this;)

Isaac is at my mom's house cleaning up her attic to help fund his trip.  He spent the night and will be coming home today.  I miss him terribly but know he is having a great time and am proud he is willing to work hard to make the money for his trip.

Continue to pray for our trip if you don't mind.  I know that a blanket of prayer will help us do what we need to when we get there.  Specifically if you could pray for several people on our trip who will be first timers.  They have never done a mission trip much less gone out of the country.

Mas O Menos "hang loose",
Dawn

No comments:

Post a Comment